Men tend to have more serious form of acne while women acne develops due to some hormonal disturbances during menstrual cycles. Acne is not a life threatening disease but it leads infected person with frustration as it caused disfiguration of the skin. It leads to scaring of the skin. It affects most of the teenagers between the age group of 12 and 25 years. However, it also affects the person at their 30s and 40s sometimes.
Not all the acne are same. Following are different types of acne commonly seen:
• Whiteheads and blackheads- Simple and basic acne
lesions which are most commonly found are whiteheads and blackheads. It
is an enlarged and plugged hair follicle. In case of plugged follicle
remain beneath the skin; it forms a white bump on the skin called
whiteheads. And the follicle that reaches the surface of the skin and
opens up is called blackhead because it looks black on the skin.
• Papules- It is an inflamed lesion of pink color normally as small as 5 millimeters in size or lesser. It can be tender to touch. If there are groups of small papules are on the skin, it may be invisible but can be felt when touched.
• Pustule- It is a dome shaped acne containing pus which consists of mixture of white blood cells, dead skin cells and bacteria. A pustule contains hair in the center and appears as a red circle with a white or yellow color in the middle. Read carefully about “how to pop up pimple” before squeezing pustule.
• Nodules- It is the most severe form of acne. It
consists of a large size of acne spots, and hard bumps under the skin’s
surface. Never ever attempt to squeeze such lesions. It may cause
severe impact on your skin that may last for several months longer than
usual. Scarring is very common in this type of acne. It is always
advisable to visit dermatology in case of severity.
• Cysts- It is more or less similar to nodules but the only difference is that it is filled with pus. It is painful for most people and it is 5 millimeters or more in diameter. It also leaves scar on the spot. Do not squeeze such types of acne. It will do no good instead it may cause deeper infection and more painful. Visit dermatologists, they can give you some treatment to prevent scaring and swelling caused due to cystic acne.
• Acne Rosacea- This type of acne is most common in the people who are over the age of 30. It affects millions of people world wide. The main symptoms of this type of acne are red or pink patches on the face, visibility of broken blood vessels, and small red bumps. This causes your eyes to feel irritated or becomes pink in color. Most of the people do not even know they have acne rosacea. They just think that the facial condition is might be the cause of sun burnt or something else.
• Acne conglobata- It is the most severe form of acne vulgaris. This type of acne is most commonly seen in men rather than women. The symptoms of this type of acne are many large lesions which are sometimes interconnected to each other with widespread blackheads. It causes severe damages to the skin and leave behind numerous scaring on the infected skin. Acne conglobata mostly affects men at the age between 18 and 30 years. It affects face, chest, back, buttocks, and thighs.
• Acne Fulminans- This type of acne is basically a sudden onset of highly destructive inflammation. The symptoms are severe and ulcerating acne accompanied by fever. It is so severe that it may leads to aching of joints of hips and knees especially.
• Gram-Negative Folliculitis- Gram-Negative Folliculitis is a condition when inflammation of follicles caused by a bacterial infection. This can cause by the prolonged use of antibiotics used to treat severe types of acne.
• Pyoderma Faciale- This is also categorized as the most severe type of acne. This type of acne affects only females between the age group of 20 and 40 years. The symptoms are large size and painful nodules, pustules, and sores. It also leaves disfiguring scars on the infected areas of the skin. It is mainly confined to the face only and last not more than a year.
There is not much effective treatment available for the treatment of acne. It is believed that acne usually caused due to hormonal imbalance, diets, vitamins deficiency, and stress. There may be many other causes.
This article is the property of ArticleQS.com; Copying and Publishing the content is strictly prohibited.